1. Hello! Thank you for visiting the forums. You can sign up or log in using the button on the top right of your screen. If you do not have an account consider signing up and joining the forums community!

I am Disappointed.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Moderig, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Moderig

Moderig New Member

I joined 2 days ago. Great server. Addicting. Decent player base. Creative.

But you know what? All those positive things will still not outdo all the negative things that I've experienced.

Yesterday, I was at 100. Today? Probably 3 -- or 4. Why?

It's not because I'm the average "newbie" around here. It's because of all the broken things that roam the factions servers. Let's make a list:

You can pearl to the spawn after jumping in the war zone.
    Near the spawn, there's a hole that's safe zoned and can be accessed from the war zone.
    Every 1-2 minutes, I lag and keep getting stuck the ground. While this happens, I can't hit anyone.
    Every 3-5 minutes, the whole server lags, making the pvp experience frustrating.
    Poison potions can get you from 10 to 0 very quickly.
    Skills can be abused. Archery, swords, criticals, etc.
    You can hit people in the war zone from spawn. On the ceiling there's a little floor on the left and right. People can sit there and bow.
    Certain weapons are extremely broken. You get DEMOLISHED, and for some weapons; you can easily 1 hit people with.

So, let's get more detailed.
    All these bugs combine to make the server experience a nightmare. Yesterday, I was proud of owning a full level 4 set, a good shield, and a dragon's breath. Today? I'm proud of owning a level 2 stone club.

Every time I go to pvp and get someone low, they either pearl to the spawn or go to the safezone. What's the point of pvping then? People with brain cells can easily pearl away and escape near death.
    That is only one scenario I have to deal with. Another one are people (pay2win mostly, most likely) that own insanely overpowered weapons. I was instantly ONE shot by someone using a bow, and they said that it was due to a FIFTY HEART bleeding effect. How is this fair? I worked for hours and hours to get a good start, then someone bows me with little effort and gets away with it. Then there's poison bows, overpowered melee weapons, you can go on for a while.
    Then, there are the trolls. People who use overpowered bows and melees to camp at spawn and get you killed very quickly. Also people who wear redemption armor and spam poison the whole time. Those type of people
    Combine all of these with lag. You will then get a simulation of how deeply disappointed I am in wasting good hours into this server.

"these are only bugs, they will be fixed soon."
    Some of the bugs/glitches I've stated can be fixed in MERE SECONDS OR MINUTES. The spawn pearling? Make a barrier wall with some string. Make a plugin not allowing you to use a pearl in certain disparity levels. Block the safezone hole with 20 mere grass blocks.

I know that staff can't return what I've gained and lost, but I want to prevent this from further happening to soon-to-be players.

So PLEASE do something about this.

-mode

2. Blaxeturner

Blaxeturner Well-Known Member

*cracks fingers, here we go...

Near the spawn, there's a hole that's safe zoned and can be accessed from the war zone.
    Both of these is another way to tell you to not pvp camp at that disparity and move on.
    Every 1-2 minutes, I lag and keep getting stuck the ground. While this happens, I can't hit anyone.
    Every 3-5 minutes, the whole server lags, making the pvp experience frustrating.
    Server doesn't lag that much :/ it is on your side.
    Poison potions don't kill you. If you don't like them, then use a regeneration potion.
    I think you should recheck on the definition of abused :/ Certainly some skills are better than others, but they aren't abused.
    You can hit people in the war zone from spawn. On the ceiling there's a little floor on the left and right. People can sit there and bow.
    Certain weapons are extremely broken. You get DEMOLISHED, and for some weapons; you can easily 1 hit people with.
    I don't believe I've ever seen a report on this, but again, another thing to stray you off the low disparities and from trying to camp people. Also the people with bows can't exactly earn loot and they don't earn much experience from it either. While also level restrictions and disparities will not allow them to hit some people.

All these bugs combine to make the server experience a nightmare. Yesterday, I was proud of owning a full level 4 set, a good shield, and a dragon's breath. Today? I'm proud of owning a level 2 stone club.

Every time I go to pvp and get someone low, they either pearl to the spawn or go to the safezone. What's the point of pvping then? People with brain cells can easily pearl away and escape near death.
    Also to consider that pvping in disparity 1 is simply something you shouldn't do. If you want to pvp so badly, go war. Otherwise pvp somewhere away from single digit disparities.
    That is only one scenario I have to deal with. Another one are people (pay2win mostly, most likely) that own insanely overpowered weapons. I was instantly ONE shot by someone using a bow, and they said that it was due to a FIFTY HEART bleeding effect. How is this fair? I worked for hours and hours to get a good start, then someone bows me with little effort and gets away with it. Then there's poison bows, overpowered melee weapons, you can go on for a while.
    Never remembered Bleed 4 to have fifty hearts of bleeding, but it was bleed that killed you and not the bow. Yes some weapons
    Then, there are the trolls. People who use overpowered bows and melees to camp at spawn and get you killed very quickly. Also people who wear redemption armor and spam poison the whole time. Those type of people
    Combine all of these with lag. You will then get a simulation of how deeply disappointed I am in wasting good hours into this server.
    There's more to warzone then disparity 1-9

"these are only bugs, they will be fixed soon."
    Some of the bugs/glitches I've stated can be fixed in MERE SECONDS OR MINUTES. The spawn pearling? Make a barrier wall with some string. Make a plugin not allowing you to use a pearl in certain disparity levels. Block the safezone hole with 20 mere grass blocks

They certainly can, but like I said up there, there's a reason why they probs ain't and one of them would be for you to venture on away from low disparities.

RyanMC, Sirus, Jake and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cyrus_Gaming

Cyrus_Gaming Active Member

Not everyone with good gear is pay2win , I am lv 35 with no rank ,no gkit at all and still successfully collected every single gear in the server and a few to max level , it's the way you look at the server that's wrong

Wolfland22 and Blaxeturner like this.
  4. ZincoDrone

ZincoDrone Member

blaxe is right but I dealt with your some of your problems before. I got use to them just got more gear joined a good growing fac like Blaxes (and it is) and basically It is was very easy to level up and grow to a level 52 with tons of cool Armour and all that stuff.

Blaxeturner likes this.
  5. Moderig

Moderig New Member

this post will be edited tomorrow to answer your responses.

6. Cyrus_Gaming

Cyrus_Gaming Active Member

I hope you'll come up for reasonable answers which we can help make things better

7. derp

derp Member

They really do need to fix pearling into spawn. Thats the only place where people can pvp fairly. I dont like going to disparity 15 then getting jumped by 2 lvl 30s, it isn't fair when i'm only lvl 17. Why can't the admins spend like 5 minutes placing a few blocks to fix this? A few days ago i was on a roll with my stone club str 2 combo in WZ and i get shredded by a lvl 15 (i was lvl 16) immortal WITH A DAMN MAGIC BOW and i was liek WTF? He also had a damn insurance on him so shit didn't matter at all. The only place VIABLE for pvp is near spawn because higher disparities = less people to pvp (i find like 1 person every 5 minutes or so out in disparity 40 in F1 and meanwhile theres always a cloud of people near spawn) and also, pvp is 1 sided at higher disparities. I'm lvl 17, and guess what, i don't want to get shredded by some lvl 50 at the castle. I can't do shit because nobody is a lower lvl than me out there. All the noobs out there are already dead from higher lvl people and the higher lvl people never stop chasing you.

8. Blaxeturner

Blaxeturner Well-Known Member

What's faction without a risk? Take risks. Just because you don't like higher disparities doesn't mean the server will change it so that lower disparities are better. -_-

9. iGalactic

iGalactic Helper
    Staff Member Helper

You present a great argument. And yes, I agree with some of your points. Like @Blaxeturner did, I'll respond to your points from my point of view.

I agree that it can be annoying to epearl back to spawn, however you need to realize that it prevents people from basically being camped. Wouldn't you want to escape when 3 dudes who are the same level as you are running at you from camping in the level 1 disparity of the warzone?
    I've already messaged PatP about that one, so I just want to tell you this is not unnoticed.
    There are two things that I can think that would cause this:
    A. The anti cheat
    - Sometimes the anti cheat will, if it detects you are not moving the "right" way, will automatically think you're hacking and rubber band you to where you are. You have to realize, this is a computer judging it, but the good (Catching ACTUAL hackers) outweighs rubber banding a little bit.
    B. Your computer
    - I have no idea what you're running Pitforge on, so some people's experiences on the server could be different from others.

It may be updating/saving all of the various worlds that have to be under maintenance constantly. Also, people could be doing LOTS of things that cause lag, such as grinding Iron Golems, or other things.
    Poison potions are pretty good when using them properly, however this is just a vanilla Minecraft mechanic that cannot get fixed. *Note* Try carrying a bucket of milk everywhere you go ;).
    The level disparity system was put in place so this cannot be abused (In the warzone at least). But in F-Wars, keep in mind that the skills can be used the same way by ANYONE, so it couldn't really be abused. *Note* You cannot level above 65, just so it cannot be abused.
    I kind of agree with you on that. I'll talk to Pat.
    I'm not sure of what the developers are doing as of now, however the big majority of the community says that the Magic Bow, Carbon Sword, and Carrot on a Stick need to be nerfed, so I think it will eventually happen.
    Well, you have to realize that this is a part of the factions experience: You win some you lose some.

The warzone is not meant for PVP (I'll explain).
    - The main purpose of the warzone is to find chests to find crystals, potions, etc., and to also make money by mining the resources. PVP is enabled, but only to create a sort of "challenge," because it's not fun to be able to just find resources without some sort of challenge. I agree with Blaxe, and if you want to PVP, then do wars.

Well, I said above that some of these weapons should be nerfed.
    I've never encountered any of those people, so I have no input. But that cannot really be fixed even if it was a larger problem, since that is just PvP.

RyanMC and ZincoDrone like this.
  10. derp

derp Member

About the PVP part, whats the fun in wars if you can't earn gear from a win? What about when you face a lvl 40 as a lvl 16? WZ is supposed to also be a PVP zone as well as a resource zone. Maybe make a warp at like disparity 5 where people can just warp to and jump off without getting spawn camped, and if you really want to, you can take down those 3 equal leveled players (just get a good weapon and pot up) Pearling into spawn is never a good thing in factions.

11. Hownottoplaymc3

I agree I have lvl 4 canon and full lvl 4 gset I haven't payed a cent I don't think the server is pay to win at all

12. Hownottoplaymc3

Lvl 4 carbon not conon