1. Hello! Thank you for visiting the forums. You can sign up or log in using the button on the top right of your screen. If you do not have an account consider signing up and joining the forums community!

Pitforge Discord

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chaz, Sep 1, 2016.

By Chaz on Sep 1, 2016 at 8:01 PM
  1. Chaz

Chaz Member

Hello everyone,

We've created a Discord server for the Pitforge community to communicate on.
    You may be asking, "What is Discord?" Well Discord is an application/ web page that is very much similar to TeamSpeak.
    To connect to discord, all you have to do is click this link [Here] and it will take you right to a page asking you to enter a username, preferably your in game Minecraft name. Once you've entered your name, hit continue and it will take you right into the Discord page that will look like this.[​IMG]
    As you can see it's a pretty simple layout. If you want to talk to someone via mic, just click one of the channels you see down the left hand side of my screen. For example, OP prison or Classic prison.
    You'll notice that the Private channels 1-3 are locked. If you want to have a private conversation with some of your buddies, just as a Moderator or up, and they can drag you all that want to be moved in into the channel.
    If you need help, don't hesitate to ask a staff member, if you need help and you're willing to talk via microphone, a staff member (Moderator or above) can move you into the support channel so you can sort out any problems you have.
    If you'd prefer to not talk via microphone, you can always just use text chat. If you'd like to talk to someone privately, just left click on their name, and send a message as shown here.[​IMG]

If you'd like to talk to everyone on the server, just click the #lobby in the "Text Channels" and you can talk to everyone on there!
    Another helpful tip is where to mute and unmute your microphone. (Also microphone and other settings) shown in the picture below.
    [​IMG]

The rules for Discord can be found [Here]
    If you're not feeling like you want to talk to someone, or someone's annoying you, you can mute them by left clicking their name, then clicking mute, as shown in the picture below.
    [​IMG]
    There's a lot more things for you to do/ functions on discord, but I'll leave you to find them out for yourselves! You can also download the app from the Discord page, and then you can have your own login and then do neat stuff like add avatar pictures/ personalize your account!
    There's a short guide to help you on your way into the world of Discord, if you have any questions just message me in game, forums or Discord.
    Note: Discord is much better, much easier to use and much more stable when you're using the application instead of the webpage. Click [This] link to find the download link.

#1 Chaz, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2016
    Ralfs, STRK and Narri like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chaz, Sep 1, 2016.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Chaz
      Chaz
      Hello!

I've recently added a music bot! To use this bot, all you need to do is join the Music voice channel, looks like this
      [​IMG]
      To then request a song you need to be typing the commands in the Music text chat that looks like this.
      [​IMG]
      Once in the music voice channel and music text channel, type //play [YouTube Link] and it will play the song. If you want to skip a song then //skip.
      That's all there is too it really, if you need any help then just message me!

Note: sometimes the music bot can be laggy, but it sorts itself out after a while. Please don't notify me about it as there's nothing I can do.
      Narri, blatantcolt6208 and STRK like this.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.