1. Hello! Thank you for visiting the forums. You can sign up or log in using the button on the top right of your screen. If you do not have an account consider signing up and joining the forums community!

Important Ultimate Factions Q&A

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Chaz, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaz

Chaz Member

Hi!

There's been a lot of questions that we've been getting on how to play factions, this isn't going to be a complete tutorial, but I'll cover some frequently asked questions.

Q: How do I earn money?
    A: There's a lot of ways to make money on this server, the most common and easy way is to mine ores you see around the war zone.
    [​IMG]
    You can also find the OP mine, where you can find a lot more ores
    [​IMG]
    Once you've got all these ores, just take them back to /spawn to find the "Shop" NPC He'll look like this
    [​IMG]
    Click on the NPC, then at the bottom you'll see "Sell items" then click that and sell away.

Another useful way to make money is to find items in the world and then sell them on the auction house. To do this all you need to do, is hold an item, then do /ah sell [Price]
    This will put it on the auction house for people to buy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: What do I do with my money?
    A: As this is a faction server, you need money to buy resources from the shop, whether that's food, resources to build a base, items for TNT cannons to raid bases, and so on.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: What are the basic factions commands, how do I make a faction and how can I join one?
    A: The basic faction commands are as follows
    /f create [Name] This will allow you to create a faction, once you've done this you'll be able to do /home to get to your plot where you'll be able to start building your base.
    /f invite [Name] This will allow you to invite players to your faction, only officers and up are able to do this, but I'll explain more on faction ranks later.
    /f chat This is for when you want to speak to your faction only, useful for when you don't want the whole server listening in on your plans!
    If you want to know more about faction commands, type /f help in game.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: What faction ranks are there, and what do they do?
    A: There are four faction ranks Recruit, Member, Officer and Leader.
    Now I'll walk you through what they do in order.
    Recruit is for new members, keep them as recruit until you can trust them, the only thing you can do as a recruit is open chests, that's all.
    Member is for people that you can trust, they can break blocks and place blocks.
    Officer is for people that you can really trust, they can invite people to your faction, and even promote them to member, they can also kick people out of the faction.
    Leader has everything, they can promote people all the way to officer, start raids, rename the faction, create the banner and more. But note, there can only be one leader per faction, so if you are the leader of the faction, and you'd like someone to take over just type /f leader [Name]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: What is disparity level?
    A: Disparity level is to do with how far away you are from spawn, the further you run out, the higher your disparity. The higher disparity level you are, the better loot you get from chests.
    [​IMG]
    Q: How do I find loot?
    A: You find loot by finding chests, each chest has random loot inside of it, you can find all sorts of things including spawn eggs, obsidian, crystals, potions, etc...
    (Beware, chests can even blow up on you!)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: What are crystals and what do I do with them?
    A: Crystals are found in the chests, there are also different tier of crystals.
    Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary!
    Take these crystals to the "Novis" NPC to trade them in for an item! The NPC looks like this
    [​IMG]
    The crystals look like this
    [​IMG]
    You can end up with cool loot including monster spawners, weapons and armor!
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Why did you disable weapon crafting?
    A: Players found out that diamond swords was actually doing more damage than a lot of legendary weapons, so we've disabled weapon crafting as it was unfair.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: What is skill points and how do I use them?
    A: Essentially, skill points are based on XP, the more XP you gain, the more skill points you'll receive. Every time you level up, you'll gain 2 skill points you can spend on upgrading your strength, hearts, defense, attack speed, critical hit chance and archery. To access this, just type /skills. If you want to know how much XP you need to level up, just hover over your head in the skills menu to find out, this is what it looks like
    [​IMG]

2. Chaz

Chaz Member

Q: How do I upgrade my level?
    A: To upgrade your level, you need to either find XP bottles in chests, or attack players.
    Q: What is the XP trader?
    A: The XP trader NPC is used for gaining XP for unwanted armor, weapons or crystals. All you need to do is place the unwanted items into the XP trader and depending on the rarity, the XP trader will give you XP in return. The XP trader looks like this and can be found at /spawn

[​IMG]
    Trading with him will look something like this.
    [​IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: How can I apply for staff?
    A: Check out this link

Q: Is scamming allowed?
    A: Yes, scamming is allowed, if you're wanting to sell something, then it's probably best to use the /ah command.

Q: Is there donator ranks, what do they give me?
    A: Yes, there's donator ranks, to see them and what they give you, head over to http://store.pitforge.com/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: What are bounties?
    A: Bounties are quests, in a sense. Inside the bounty NPC will be a number of different quests you can do for XP as a reward. These quests can range from killing a certain amount of players to looting so many chests. The "bounties" NPC looks like this
    [​IMG]
    And inside the menu it looks like this.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see there are 3 rows. The first row is for bounties to activate that you haven't done so already, you don't have to, but they're there if you do. The second row is for bounties you've got selected and running, you can hover over them to see your progress. The third row is for canceling or collecting your XP prize, depending on if you've completed it or not, if you've had enough, you can cancel the challenge, or if it's green you can collect your reward.

Note: your XP is given to you automatically and is not given to you via XP bottle.

#2 Chaz, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    MaxSpiralAxle, GMO, Retourned and 6 others like this.
  3. Chaz

Chaz Member

Q: So, how do I upgrade my armor and weapons?
    A: To upgrade your armor and weapons, you need at least 3 of the same items, what you need to do is have both items in your inventory, then click on on top of the other.
    So as you can see here I have 2 of the same boots with ignite one.
    [​IMG]
    And once I've upgraded it you can see the progress level come up by 50%
    [​IMG]
    And if I add one more.
    [​IMG]
    It levels up to Ignite 2.

Note: This process sometimes can take up to 5 of the same item to up grade, it's different for different items, but you'll always be able to see your progress.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Are there any kits?
    A We have 2 kits, they're both free and you don't need to pay for them. The first one is /kit new. Note, this is a one time use.
    The next one is /kit redemption. You can use this every 15 minutes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all there is for now, if I think of anything else, I'll add it. Hope this helped you!

#3 Chaz, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.